Hon Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the Council -
1) notes that a nurse was allegedly raped at a hospital in Northern KwaZulu-Natal on 3 November 2019;
2) acknowledges that gender-based violence is out of control in South Africa and not even those who provide essential care giving services are safe from assault and rape;
3) calls for the Minister of Police to work together with the Minister of Health and all relevant stakeholders to accommodate satellite police stations at all state hospitals;
4) further calls for these satellite stations to perform duties of safety in hospitals and to provide services for victims to open cases at hospitals when they come in for treatment after gender- based violence, GBV or rape; and
5) resolve that the government must do more to ensure safety in hospitals and that the perpetrator must be brought to book with speed.
Motion agreed to in accordance with section 65 of the Constitution.