That the House -
1) notes that on the evening of Monday, 3 September 2007, Mpho Gift Leremi tragically passed away in a car accident;
2) remembers that Gift Leremi was a star soccer player with the team Mamelodi Sundowns, having emerged as a teenager from the ranks of Orlando Pirates development structures in 2002, and that it took him only a few months before making a name for himself at the club, playing a prominent role in their championship triumph that season;
3) recalls that Mpho Gift Leremi has represented South Africa at the under-20, under-23 and senior national team levels;
4) acknowledges that Gift, together with all our sports roleplayers, has played a positive role in the field of sport, contributing to strengthen social ties and networks, and to promote ideals of peace, fraternity, solidarity, tolerance and justice;
5) acknowledges that sport disregards both geographical borders and social classes and that it plays a significant role as a promoter of social integration and economic development in different geographical, cultural and political contexts and that Gift's contribution in soccer advanced these causes; and
6) conveys its condolences to the Leremi family and loved ones, his team Mamelodi Sundowns, our various national soccer teams, soccer supporters and the entire football fraternity.