Speaker, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes that on Friday, 7 June 2013, internationally acclaimed musician couple Caiphus Semenya and Letta Mbulu were awarded honorary degrees by the University of Cape Town in recognition of their achievements and respect they command in communities that love their music;
2) further notes that the doctoral degrees were conferred to these music icons for their contributions to music and their role in the country's fight for democracy; 3) recalls that apart from their international reputations as talented musicians, Semenya and Mbulu have each, through their respective musical achievements, also served as unofficial 'cultural ambassadors' for South Africa;
4) further recalls that the couple returned from exile in 1990 and were awarded the Order of iKhamanga in 2009 for their musical contribution to the music struggle against apartheid;
5) believes that they are role models in South Africa, epitomising values on which to build stable communities including tolerance and the importance of family; and
6) congratulates Ntate Caiphus and Mama Letta on their achievements and wishes them well in their future endeavours.