Speaker, I hereby move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes that principal Bilkes Bhano Vawda was awarded the Lifetime Achievement Award for Education at the National Teaching Awards held on 7 February 2013;
2) further notes that Ms Bilkes Vawda has been teaching for 38 years, 20 of which were spent at the Marlboro Gardens Secondary School in Johannesburg, where she has been the principal since 1998;
3) acknowledges that Ms Bilkes Vawda never intended to become a teacher and that she enrolled for the wrong course by accident but maintains that it was the best mistake she had ever made;
4) further acknowledges the contribution Ms Bilkes Vawda and the school governing body made by extending the opportunity of quality education to hundreds of disadvantaged learners from Alexander;
5) recognises Ms Bilkes Vawda's dedication and longstanding service to education; and
6) congratulates Ms Bilkes Bhano Vawda on her award.