Hon Speaker, I move without notice on behalf of the DA:
That the House -
1) notes that this coming weekend, 9 and 10 November 2013, the people of South Africa will be given an opportunity to register to vote in the upcoming 2014 national and provincial elections;
2) further notes that there are 9,4 million eligible voters in the country who are not registered to vote;
3) acknowledges that South Africans will be able to register at a voting station in their voting district from 8 am to 5 pm on both Saturday and Sunday;
4) encourages all South Africans to ensure that they are registered correctly, especially those who have moved since the last elections;
5) thanks the Independent Electoral Commission for their hard work and dedication to ensure that our people get registered and are able to vote freely and fairly; and
6) calls on each and every South African who will be 18 years old from April next year to register to vote this coming weekend.