I move without notice:
That the House -
1) acknowledges the unified voice and will of the South African people and people in 46 cities around the world who, on 15 March 2014, will petition the South African government to ban the practice of canned lion hunting;
2) agrees that trophy hunting, which has been accurately described by the Kenyan democratic government as a barbaric relict of colonialism, is incorrect;
3) deplores the manner in which the king of apex predators in Africa has been reduced to a wall-hanging souvenir for foreign pseudo hunters;
4) believes that African wildlife and in particular our lion, rhino and elephant deserve the highest and most stringent measures of protection; and
5) implores government to immediately amend our laws to give effect to such measures.