Deputy Speaker, on behalf of the Chief Whip of the Majority Party I move without notice:
That the House -
1) welcomes the recent release of a documentary film about the life of struggle veteran Ahmed Kathrada in Durban on Thursday, 30 October 2014;
2) notes that this film is a tribute to Kathrada for giving his life to the freedom of the people of South Africa;
3) acknowledges that the film features interviews with Kathrada's political mentors, fellow Rivonia trialists, including former president Nelson Mandela, Walter Sisulu and Denis Goldberg, fellow Robben Island prisoners, close friends and colleagues; 4) recognises that the film, Ahmed Kathrada: A Man For All Seasons, tracks Kathrada's life from his activist roots, through the Rivonia treason trial and his time in prison to the present day, including the founding of the Ahmed Kathrada Foundation;
5) believes that it will inspire the people, especially the youth, to emulate his example; and
6) congratulates the film producers on keeping the legacy of those who have worked hard to bring freedom to this country alive and inspiring.