Hon Deputy Speaker, I hereby move on behalf of the IFP without notice:
That the House -
1) recognises World Cancer Day marked on 4 February 2015 this year and its message, "Not Beyond Us!"
2) acknowledges that current medical statistics evince that as many as one in three people will die of cancer;
3) further acknowledges the hardships, spirit and courage of those who are currently living and dying with cancer as well as those selfless institutions, and in particular the nonfunded NGO hospices, who provide palliative care to those who are terminally ill;
4) calls upon government and the Department of Health, to commit all available resources to the eradication of this dread disease and its palliative care and to embark on comprehensive strategies through legislation and other means, and to establish innovative treatment-based cancer research centres where cutting-edge science and alternative medicines may be administered in controlled environments to cancer sufferers; and
5) applaudes the tireless efforts of organisations such as the Cancer Treatment Campaign, the Cancer Association of South Africa, Cansa, and other organisations who relentlessly continue in the fight against this disease and its ravages upon our people.