Hon House Chair, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes with great shock the killing of five people in the community of Nyanga, Cape Town, on Saturday, 7 March 2015;
2) further notes that those killed were sitting in a car when they were shot, and that one of them is said to be a 19-year-old woman;
3) acknowledges that acts of violent crime are getting out of hand in our communities;
4) further acknowledges that the perpetrators of these heinous crimes are living within our communities and are known in our communities;
5) calls upon law-abiding citizens to come forward and assist the police to apprehend the perpetrators of these senseless murders; and
6) conveys its condolences to the families, relatives and friends of the deceased.