Madam House Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes the fact that government consumes hospitality and travel services on a large scale;
2) further notes that the President, in his state of the nation address, said that government would set aside 30% of appropriate categories of state procurement for purchasing from small, medium and micro enterprises, and co-operatives, as well as township and rural enterprises;
3) acknowledges that data captured by systems that track management practices in government confirmed in October last year that 87% of all national and provincial departments were still not paying suppliers within 30 days, as required by law;
4) calls on government to adhere to the 30-day period for paying tourism SMMEs; and
5) further calls on government to procure hospitality and travel services from graded and accredited tourism SMMEs.