Hon Deputy Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the Council -
1) notes and welcomes with appreciation the establishment of the Special Investigating Unit, SIU, Special Tribunal by His Excellency, President Cyril Ramaphosa, last week;
2) further notes that Judge Mlindelwa Makhanya has been appointed as a Chairperson of the Tribunal for a three year term including his team of seven judges;
3) acknowledges that this Special Tribunal is aimed at fast- tracking the finalisation of more than R7 billion in civil claims linked to corrupt or irregular state contracts and ensuring that looted taxpayer's money is returned back to the state to serve the interests of our people;
4) further acknowledges that this initiative is one of the many that demonstrates the commitment and seriousness of the ANC government under the stewardship of President Cyril Ramaphosa to wage a concerted and resolute battle against corruption,
and ensuring that those who manipulated state and governance processes to benefit their heavy pockets and those of their friends and families are held accountable and;
5) therefore, commends President Ramaphosa on his unwavering stance against all forms of corruption.
I so move.