House Chair, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) welcomes the work of surgeons who have started on the reconstructive operations that have been earmarked to be performed on ten children at the Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital in Cape Town, as part of Red Cross War Memorial Children's Hospital Smile Week;
2) acknowledges that the event is a partnership between Smile Foundation and South African pharmaceutical company Adcock Ingram;
3) further acknowledges that the ten-year-old Chrissie Maredi from Mpumalanga, who suffered severe burns in 2017, is set to undergo transformative surgery for sustained burn wounds to 44% of his body including his chest, back, arms and head;
4) thanks the surgeons and the foundation for their sterling work in assisting children who need their help; and
5) wishes Chrissie Maredi well and hopes the surgery will give him a new lease on life.