Hon House Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes with sadness the death of five Limpopo high school pupils when the car they hitchhiked was involved in an accident along the R574 road between Groblersdal and Mpudulle on Tuesday, 5 November 2019;
2) understands that the five pupils - four in Grade
10 and one in Grade 9, and aged between 15 and 18, all attended the A M Mashego Secondary School near Groblersdal;
3) observes that the driver of the vehicle apparently lost control when approaching Matrompi bridge and it rolled several times, instantly killing the five learners and critically injuring the driver and his crew;
4) acknowledges that counselling has been organised for the learners, teachers, support staff and the bereaved families; and
5) ANC conveys its deepest condolences to the families of the affected children, relatives and the learners of the school.
I so move.