House Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the House-
1) notes that Ms Charlize Theron won the Hollywood Career Achievement Award at the 23rd Annual Hollywood Film Awards held in Los Angeles on 3 November 2019;
2) also notes that Ms Theron was born on 7 August 1975 in Benoni, Gauteng;
3) acknowledges that Ms Theron is well regarded for her versatility as an actor, and that she earned an Academy Award for Best Actress for her portrayal of serial killer, Aileen Wuornos, in the 2003 movie Monster;
4) recognises that Ms Theron has also been involved in a number of charities, foundations and outreach projects globally, and specifically advocates for the elimination of violence against women and children, and for HIV prevention;
5) calls upon all South Africans to aspire to emulate Ms Theron's exemplary humanitarian efforts; and
6) congratulates Ms Theron on her winning of the Hollywood Career Achievement Award and wishes her well in her future endeavours.