Hon House Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes that another incident of gender-based violence raised its ugly head in Bardale Village, Mfulweni, on 26 September 2019;
2) further notes that Mrs Pumla Ntombela, ne Mvinjelwa, together with her two children Nhlanhla, 10 year-old and Bajabulile 6 year- old, were brutally murdered in their sleep allegedly by the deceased's husband and father of the two children;
3) acknowledges that the Western Cape High Court confirmed that Mrs Ntombela's parents had the right to bury the deceased after a long dispute between the two families about whose right it is to bury the deceased;
4) recognises that it is unacceptable for women and children to be murdered in this manner;
5) condemns the cowardly murder of Mrs Ntombela and her children; and
6) conveys its heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Mrs Ntombela.
I so move.