House Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the House-
1) notes that young Ofentse Pitse became the first black South African woman to conduct and own the first ever all black orchestra, Anchored Sound;
2) acknowledges that the 27-year-old, born in Mabopane, grew up with her mother in a single parent home and received influence from her late grandfather who was an orchestra conductor and trumpet player;
3) recalls that she played her first instrument at the age of 12, but growing up she was exposed to all kinds of music including jazz and gospel that prepared her for a career ahead;
4) remembers that she sought to create a choir that she began in 2017 with hand-picked young members with training in classical music, and currently has a 40-member orchestra; and
5) congratulates Ofentse Pitse for breaking the glass ceiling in classical music.