Chair, I move without notice:
That the House-
1) notes that the crime situation in Actonville in the City of Ekurhuleni has reached dire levels;
2) further notes that businesses and residents are living in fear due to an alarming increase in the number of occurrences of murders, house and business break-ins and robberies and petty crimes;
3) acknowledges that every person living in South Africa has a right to safety as guaranteed by the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, 1996;
4) further acknowledges that the Actonville Police Station's resources are severely strained as it has to serve more than 4 000 households, 566 municipal flats and industries, the community
of Actonville, the hostel and at least five informal settlements;
5) calls on the Department of Police to intervene to ensure that the Actonville Police Station is furnished with the necessary additional resources to deal with the dire crime situation.