Chair, I move without notice:
That the House-
1) welcomes the hefty sentence given to the disgraced rapist Nicholas Ninow on Thursday, 17 October 2019;
2) understands that Ninow was found guilty of raping a seven-year- old girl in the bathroom of a Dros restaurant in Pretoria last year;
3) remembers that he was sentenced by the Gauteng High Court to life imprisonment for rape and five years for drug possession;
4) further remembers that the court also ordered that Ninow's name be added to the sexual offenders registry;
5) believes the hefty sentence will be seen as a clear demonstration that the South African society has become intolerant of sexual abuse perpetrated against women; and
6) extends sincere sympathy to the victim and her family for the suffering and trauma they have endured.
I thank you, Chair.