Hon House Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes that Thandi Mampane went missing on Thursday, 5 September 2019, after leaving the school grounds;
2) further notes that her body was discovered in the bushes a day later, with the suspicion that she may have been sexually assaulted before she was murdered;
3) recognises that similar cases of school abductions have been noted with concern;
4) sends its condolences to the Mampane family; and
5) calls for the introduction of a justice-based capital punishment system in response to the plight of women in South Africa who undergo this struggle on a daily basis.
I so move.