Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the Council -
1) condemns in the strongest possible terms, the callous killing of Ms Nomzamo Sidukwana and her five children aged between six months and 10 years in Kwaaiman village outside Mqanduli in the Eastern Cape;
2) notes that these barbaric murders occurred whilst our country is observing 16 Days of Activism Against Gender Based Violence;
3) commends the SA Police Service for apprehending the suspect, who is believed to have been trying to flee the country;
4) calls on the National Prosecuting Authority, NPA, to leave no stone unturned in preparing a watertight case against the accused, and
5) sends condolences to Nomzamo's mother Mrs Nolungile Sidukwana, family and friends during this difficult time.
Motion agreed to in accordance with section 65 of the Constitution.