I have got a motion without notice, Chair. On behalf of the Democratic Alliance I hereby move a motion without notice:
That this Council -
1) notes that in every increasing number of municipalities are under administration in terms of section 139(1b) of the Constitution for the second time since 2018;
2) further notes that since the first intervention in Butterworth in 1998, several others followed over the years regressing into a disaster and little evidence could be found of improved financial conduct with any of these municipalities;
3) further notes that the various intervention fail to yield clean audit reduce Eskom debt or improve service delivery which backs the question as to why the provincial government saw it to continue ... down this ineffective trajectory... [Inaudible.] ... without considering the regional government's created an environment metering unaccountability without consequences and within environment allowed fraud and corruption administration to develop;
4) also notes that the constitutional preventative measures of section 139(1b) and (c) were misused to settle political score instead of governing towards respectfully upholding the
Constitution and the laws in compliance with the mandate; and
5) lastly, takes note that ... [Inaudible.] ... cause will have direct consequences for the economy and the communities entitled to basic services.
Motion objected to.