Hon House Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the House-
1) notes that L.D Moetanalo secondary School in Steve Tshwete Local Municipality, in extension five ward 28 has been turned into a drug house by drug pushers in that area;
2) further notes that learners are fed drugs in school on a daily basis instead of education;
3) acknowledges that the majority of learners never completed their studies and dropped out of school to roam around and commit crime;
4) further acknowledges that the matter has been reported many times and the school together with the members of the community have reported the matter to the police and the Department of Social Development, yet nothing has been done;
5) recognises that gangsterism and violence are happening inside schools in Mhluzi township, one area where learners are supposed to feel safe, learn and prepare for their future as productive members of the society and improve their living conditions;
6) realises that the youth of today that we failed to protect, are the ones we will protect from tomorrow as a society;
7) calls on the people of Steve Tshwete local municipality to come together, organise and fight the problem of drug abuse, gangsterism and protect the future of our children. I so move.
Not agreed to.
Ms D P SIBIYA Mr K CEZA