Whether, with reference to the numerous SA National Defence Force properties, land and defence facilities which lie unoccupied across the Republic, she will furnish Mr WT I Mafanya with the latest property inventory status report for each province; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
What measures has her department put in place to address the concerns that have been raised regarding South Africans of Jewish origin who continue to receive training in the Israel Defence Forces, which poses a serious risk to the Republic?
(1) Given the reported allocation of a long-term contract to Marshalls Aerospace in the United Kingdom, what (a) the reasons that the contract was not allocated to Denel Aeronautics, as clearly expected by them, (b) upgrade and service work will be done under the specified contract by Marshalls Aerospace and their subcontractors and (c) will be done by Denel Aeronautics.
(2) What (a) will the monetary value of the work and provided for by (i) Marshall Aerospace and (ii) Denel Aeronautics if any and (b) number of C130 aircraft will be (i) upgraded and serviced by Marshall Aerospace, (ii) at what costs and (iii) over what timeline.
(3) whether there are any discussions between the Department of Defence and the Department of Public Enterprises, on whether Denel Aeronautics will play any role now and in the future with regards to the upgrade, service and maintenance of strategic prime mission airframes; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so what are the (a) extent, (b) costs and (c) timelines involved?
With reference to the recent African Peace Mission to provide mediation in the war between Russia and Ukraine, what (a)(i) arms and ammunition were onboard the SA Airways plane and (ii) was the quantity of the arms and ammunition, (b) was the intended purpose of the arms and ammunition and (c) was the total cost of the arms and ammunition?
(a) What total amount did (i) her department and (ii) each entity reporting to her pay for printed copies of the integrated annual reports in the (aa) 2020-21, 2021-22 and (cc) 2022-23 financial year, (b) who were the suppliers in each case and (c) what total number of copies of the report were printed (i) in each case and (ii) in each specified financial year?
Whether it is a usual and/or an acceptable practice that a commercial vessel such as Lady R is permitted to dock and\or offload at one of the Republic’s naval bases, while it should have docked in the harbour of Cape Town, Port Elizabeth or Durban, as is the case with commercial vessels; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, what are the relevant details?
(1) On the 11th May 2023, US Ambassador Reuben E. Brigety convened a press conference and levelled allegations regarding weapons and ammunition being loaded onto US sanctioned Russian cargo vessel Lady R during the docking of Lady R in Simon’s Town in December 2022. More »
As stated in many previous public statements and I reiterate that nothing was loaded onto Lady R, but rather, Lady ...
(1) What are the reasons for the failure of her Department of Military Veterans to finalise the long-awaited subsidies public transport strategy for military veterans;
(2) whether she taken any steps to keep military veterans informed of the specified reasons for the delays in finalizing the specified strategy; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, what are the relevant details?
(1) With reference to the controversial visit by the sanctioned vessel, the Lady-R, in early December 2022 when she was allowed to berth in the Simon’s Town Naval Base, what is the (a) nature, (b) description and (c) purpose of the goods loaded onto the vessel at the time;
(2) whether she will furnish Mr S J F Marais with copies of the valid export permit that were issued for an accompanied the goods loaded onto the vessel; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details;
(3) whether all legislative requirements were met regarding the importation of munitions and/or any other cargo offloaded from and reloaded onto the vessel, including import and export permits, transport permits of munitions and hazardous goods, customs clearance and Reserve Bank compliance; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details?
(1) Whether she will make a submission to the panel probing the Lady R docking; if not, why not; if so, what are the relevant details;
(2) who will be held accountable for the inaction of SANDF Defence Intelligence Division regarding the docking of the Lady R in Simon’s Town, and the alleged loading and transportation of arms to Russia?
Whether, the President, Mr M C Ramaphosa’s appointment of a three-member independent panel to lead the inquiry into the allegations of arms loaded onto the Russian vessel Lady R which were raised by the United States ambassador to the Republic, follows after her department failed to conduct a clear and concise investigation into the specified incident; if not, what is the position in this regard; if so, what are the relevant details?