Private Bag X802, PRETORIA, 0001 Tel: (+27 12) 334 0705 Fax: (+27 12) 326
Private Bag X9123, CAPE TOWN, 8000 Tel: (+27 21) 462 1441 Fax: (+27 21)
QUESTION NUMBER: 305
Mr D A Kganare (Cope) to ask the Minister for Cooperative Governance and
(1) (a) How many foreign businesspeople were evacuated from Zamdela in
Sasolburg during the uprising in January/February 2013 and (b) to
where were they evacuated;
(2) How much was spent by the Government on this (a) evacuation and (b)
(3) What additional assistance was given to them? NW383E
The response below is based on the information provided by the Fezile Dabi
District Municipality (ref. attached copy)
1. (a) and (b) There were 144 foreign business people that were
evacuated from Zamdela in Sasolburg to Abrahamsrust Resort.
2. (a) and (b) The government spent R5Â 000 for evacuation and R50Â 000
3. Accommodation, food parcels blankets, clothes and mattresses.
The Fezile Dabi District Municipality assisted with food parcels and
blankets worth R120Â 000.00. The Metsimaholo Local Municipality
assisted with food parcels, blankets and mattresses worth R150Â 000.00.
The Riaz from RoshnÃ© assisted with food parcels, blankets and
mattresses worth R100Â 000.00.