1. The Economic Development Department has procured services from Travel with Flair (TWF) in the 2016/17 financial year. The following services were procured: air travel (domestic and international), car rental, accommodation, shuttle services, and conference venues. The total amount paid in service fees to the company amounted to R 203 541.
2. The international visits were as follows:
- Rwanda – World Economic Forum Africa (Minister Patel and support staff Dr DM Pule)
- Iran – State Visit (Minister Patel and support staff Dr DM Pule)
- Papau New Guinea – Summit of African Caribbean and Pacific Countries (Minister Patel and support staff Mr D Nkosi)
- Switzerland – World Economic Forum (Minister Patel and support staff Miss A Appolis)
- Vietnam and Singapore – Deputy President Bilateral Visit (Deputy Minister Masuku and support staff Ms S Shongwe)
A total amount of R 4 253 in service fees was paid to TWF for the travels. In each visit, the Minister or Deputy Minister were accompanied by one (1) official.
3. Entities reporting to the department (IDC, Competition Commission, Competition tribunal, ITAC) did not make use of TWF services.