FOR WRITTEN REPLY
QUESTION NO. 3065
DATE OF PUBLICATION IN INTERNAL QUESTION PAPER: 08 NOVEMBER 2013
(INTERNAL QUESTION PAPER NO. 37)
Mrs H S Msweli (IFP) to ask the Minister of Health:
(1) What language policy is being followed by his department;
(2) whether there is a written language policy; if not, why not; if so,
(a) which languages are being used and (b) what are the relevant
(3) whether he will make a copy of such written language policy available
to Â Mrs H S Msweli;
(4) whether he will make a statement on the matter?
1) The Department follows the Policy on Language Services (2011) for the
National Department of Health approved by the Director-General: Health
on 13 April 2011.
a) The Policy has been developed for the National Department of
Health to encourage the use of all eleven (11) official
b) The Policy has been developed to encourage the use of all eleven
(11) official languages in order to facilitate equitable access
to government services and information as well as respect for
3) Yes, attached as Annexure A.
4) No, please refer to the responses above.