a) A total of 92 offices were closed since beginning of the lockdown to curb the spread of Covid-19.
b) The following services were affected during the period:
- Death registration
- Births Registration
- Temporary Identity Certificates
- Re-issuance of Births Certificates
- Collection of Identity Documents
- Late Registration of Birth (LRB)
- Registration and Solemnization of Marriages
- Smart ID Cards applications for leaners
- Applications for amendments and rectifications
- Withdrawal of records at the back office
c) The Department initiated a recovery plan to workout production lost from various branches as follows:
- Implementation of rotational plans or introduction of shift system to cater for those who might be infected by COVID-19.
- Gradual re-introduction of services or products to clients using a phased approach
- Use of virtual meetings to monitor and report progress.
- Continuous communication to clients and the public on new services that were introduced or reopened.
- The department has public awareness on services that were reintroduced or reopened.
- Use of community Radio and virtual launches on certain products such Smart ID Cards to learners, particularly matriculants.
- Use of mobile offices to reach out to communities.
- Segmentation of services and directing clients to different catchment areas using pamphlets, provincial managers and local managers to inform clients.