FOR WRITTEN REPLY
QUESTION NO (3239)
DATE OF PUBLICATION IN INTERNAL QUESTION PAPER: (04 SEPTEMBER 2015)
(INTERNAL QUESTION PAPER NO 32-2015)
âÂ Â Â Dr A Lotriet (DA)Â to ask the Minister of Science and Technology:
(1) What is the current status of the maintenance and upgrade of the
Human Sciences Research Council (HSRC) building in Pretoria;
(2) Does the Pretoria HSRC building comply with the requirements set out
in the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Act 85 of 1993; if not why
(3) Did her department request infrastructure funding from the National
Treasury; if not; if so, what was the outcome?
(1) The HSRC has a plan for the maintenance and upgrade of the building.
Financial constraints, however, limit the capacity to effect the full-
scale implementation of the plan. Attention is given to the most
urgent needs on a priority basis.
(2) Yes, the HSRC is compliant with the requirements of the Occupational
Health and Safety Act.
(3) Yes, funding submissions for infrastructure have been submitted via
the Department of Science and Technology annually since 2009. None
of these submissions have been successful.