- The appeals committee was appointed on 25 May 2019.
- The then Minister was requested to consider and appoint an Appeals Authority.
- (i) Adv. Zandile Gail Mpungose, (Chairperson); Adv. Sivalingam Pather; Mr James Cornwall; and Mr James Makiwane.
(ii) Adv. Mpungose – attorney in private practice;
Adv. Pather – is a Director of Labour Relations in the National Prosecuting Authority.
Mr Cornwall – retired / former chief negotiator for the employer in the Public Health and Welfare Sectoral Bargaining Council.
Mr Makiwane – Former manager of Labour Relations in the private sector.
- The Committee considers appeals referred to the Minister and takes a final decision on whether to uphold the sanction or appeal. Such outcomes are then communicated to the appellant.
- The Appeals Panel derives its authority from clause 8 of the Disciplinary Code and Procedures for the Public Service (Public Service Coordinating Bargaining Council (PSCBC) Resolution 1 of 2003.