I have been advised by the Department that:
No, the full cost of hosting the International Telecommunication Union’s Telecom World Exhibition and Forum was not entirely covered by sponsorship.
a) The amount not covered by sponsorship was R 11, 5 Million (estimated pending receipt of one outstanding invoice)
b) The shortfall was paid by the Department to:
- the contracted Travel Agent of the Department(TWF) for ITU Staff flights R1 713 046.00
- South African Police Services for Safety and Security Services R4 800 000.00
- South African Police Services for Accommodation R2 595 810.00
- Skynet Courier services R701 110.00
- Skynet Customs and VAT R170 253.00
- SABC for Broadcasting R1 375 177.00 and
- Kwazulu-Natal Health Department. R173 219.00
c) The shortfall was paid from the International Affairs and Trade budget through virement from other programs and through appropriation during the AENE process.
Approved / not approved
Ms S Ndabeni - Abrahams
MINISTER OF COMMUNICATIONS