Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the Council -
1) notes the continued brutal killings in Northern Cape schools particularly of the 14-year-old who died in Rosedene in Upington;
2) further notes that not long ago a similar incident happened about a 170 km away from Upington in Postmasburg;
3) also notes that the absence of government in intervening is worrisome;
4) acknowledges that pupils and the entire schooling community cannot continue to be terrorised and losing their lives and nothing is being done; and
5) calls on the Minister of Police and Minister of Basic Education to deploy police to schools not only Adopt-A-Cop police programme but to make sure that our schooling community is safe.
Motion agreed to in accordance with section 65 of the Constitution.