Thank you, Chairperson, also for not forgetting me after this long recess. I hereby give notice that at the next sitting of the Council I shall move:
That the Council -
1) notes that in a landmark judgment the Western Cape High Court ordered the Democratic Alliance, DA, led City of Cape Town to enclose the open-air toilets erected for residents of Makhaza in Khayelitsha in the Western Cape province;
2) further notes that when passing the judgment on the open toilets the Western Cape High Court Judge Nathan Erasmus declared the provision of open toilets in Makhaza to be a violation of the residents' constitutional right to dignity and that such toilets should be enclosed;
3) further notes that a few weeks ago a number of open toilets were uncovered in Viljoenskroon's Rammulotsi township in the Moqhaka municipality in the Free State and that the leadership of the ANC condemned the building of open toilets for people as unacceptable and ordered the municipality to enclose them instead of emulating the DA by wasting taxpayers' money to contest such an unacceptable arrangement to give our people half services;
4) takes this opportunity to welcome the Western Cape judgment as a victory for our people and congratulate the leadership of the ANC for speaking against the delivery of open toilets to our people and ordering the Moqhaka municipality to enclose them; and
5) condemns in the harshest possible terms any attempt by the DA to waste taxpayers' money to contest the delivery of open toilets to our people as a waste and a clear utter disregard and wasteful expenditure by the DA.