Deputy Speaker, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes that on Saturday, 19 May 2012, the Mayor of the Midvaal Municipality, Timothy Nast, was awarded the Ikusasa Award in the category of Best use of Advocacy;
2) further notes that in December 2000, at the age of 19, Nast was elected as the youngest municipal councillor in South Africa and while serving his term as councillor, he studied towards a B. Compt degree (accounting and auditing) through the University of South Africa (UNISA) and during this period he also completed his audit articles; 3) recognises that in 2009, Timothy was accepted as a member of the Institute of Directors of Southern Africa and is also the patron of the Meyerton Child Welfare as well as the Midvaal Endurance Club;
4) further recognises that in 2010, he was awarded a certificate of excellence from PMR Africa and in 2011 he was named as one of the Mail & Guardian's 200 top young South Africans;
5) acknowledges that under his leadership, Midvaal is hailed as one of the best-run local governments in South Africa and obtained 9 unqualified audit reports;
6) further acknowledges that following an extensive survey conducted by the Gauteng Planning Commission in November 2009, Midvaal was shown to offer the best quality of life in the province; and
7) congratulates Nast on his achievement and wishes him all the best in his future endeavours.