Deputy Speaker, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes that International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination is observed worldwide on March 21 each year;
2) further notes that recognition of this day first happened six years after an event known as the Sharpeville massacre in South Africa captured worldwide attention;
3) recognises that the day aims to remind people of racial discrimination's negative consequences and encourages them to remember their obligation and determination to combat racial discrimination;
4) further recognises that various activities and events are arranged in many countries worldwide on this day; and
5) calls on government and the community to observe this day and increase efforts to eliminate all forms of racial discrimination.