Deputy Speaker, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes that 22 March of each year was declared World Water Day by the United Nations General Assembly in a resolution adopted in December 1992;
2) further notes that International World Water Day is held annually on 22 March as a means of focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources;
3) recognises that World Water Day 2013 will be celebrated under the theme Water Co-operation, within the framework of the United Nations International Year of Water Co-operation 2013;
4) further recognises that World Water Day 2013 was co-ordinated by the Food and Agriculture Organisation of the United Nations that attempted to seek out solutions to the increasingly critical issues posed by water and food security; and
5) calls on government and all citizens to observe this day.