Hon Deputy Speaker, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes the passing of American author, poet and human rights activist, Maya Angelou, on 28 May 2014;
2) further notes that Ms Angelou was a warrior for equality, tolerance and peace, and that with her actions she bound South Africans and Americans together with a powerful thread of struggle and resolve;
3) acknowledges that the world has lost one of the greatest writers of the civil rights era;
4) further acknowledges her role in the struggle for justice, education and equality; and
5) conveys its sincere condolences to the family and friends of Ms Maya Angelou and says: Lala ngoxolo, rus in vrede, rest in peace, Ma'm.