Deputy Speaker, on behalf of the EFF I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes mass action by students of the University of Cape Town, UCT, and its SRC to demand the removal of a statue of Cecil Rhodes;
2) further notes that Rhodes was a white supremacist who originated the land grabs to which the Zimbabweans' current miseries can ultimately be traced;
3) believes the colonial narrative that Rhodes donated the land on which UCT stands is a celebration of white supremacy, because there is no way Europeans can donate African land when they are foreigners;
4) further believes that the EFF is the only political party represented in Parliament which has called for the removal of all colonial monuments, including the statue of Louis Botha and the one of Queen Victoria here in the garden of Parliament;
5) commends and congratulates the students who challenged institutional racism and racist symbolism;
6) calls upon the university to remove the statue with immediate effect, and all other colonial monuments in our public spaces;
7) further commends the bravery of the black students who publicly challenged white arrogance and institutional racist colonial symbolism; and
8) believes that Rhodes and all other colonial monuments must fall.
I so move.