moved without notice on behalf of the EFF:
That the House:
1) notes that Mr Ediozi Odi was found guilty of human trafficking charges in the Gauteng High Court;
2) further notes that he kept three young children, between the ages of 13 and 14 and these girls were forced to work as sex slaves in a brothel in Springs, Ekurhuleni;
3) recognises that human trafficking is common in our cities and the law enforcement agencies are failing to deal with a problem of human trafficking;
4) acknowledges that the under-age girls are forced to work as sex workers and there are men that pay for these sex services with these under-age girls, and it is them that must be arrested;
5) establishes a committee to receive a report on all cases reported against gender-based violence and human trafficking.