moved without notice on behalf of the ANC:
That the House -
1) congratulates Prime Minister Dr Abiy Ahmed Ali of Ethiopia for being awarded the 2019 Nobel Peace Prize;
2) notes that Prime Minister Ahmed Ali has been recognised by the Nobel committee for his efforts to achieve peace and international co-operation and in particular for his decisive initiative to resolve the border conflict with neighbouring Eritrea;
3) recalls that the peace achieved between these neighbouring states is an important enabler of the African Continental Free Trade Area agreement and of the many objectives of the African Union's Agenda 2063;
4) understands that Dr Ahmed Ali will be presented with the award in the Norwegian capital, Oslo, on 10 December 2019;
5) believes that this recognition will encourage other leaders in Africa to work hard on peace- building processes on the continent; and
6) applauds the Prime Minister, Dr Abiy Ahmed Ali, for being awarded this prestigious prize.