House Chairperson, I move without notice:
That the House -
1) notes that Nolan Hoffman and Lynette Burger claimed victory respectively in the elite men's and elite women's categories of the Cape Town Cycle Tour on Sunday, 8 March 2015;
2) further notes that Boland-born Nolan Hoffman claimed his second consecutive Cape Town Cycle Tour win when he raced to victory in the 47 km road race;
3) recalls that the women's finish was fiercely contested, but Lynette Burger was placed first, followed by Cherise Stander and Maroesjka Matthee;
4) further recalls that the new route for Sunday's event was a 47 km circular route starting at the Cape Town Civic Centre and moving on to the end of the M3 highway and back the same way to a slightly altered finish in Green Point, close to the Cape Town Stadium; 5) acknowledges that the massive fires that had been raging in the South Peninsula for the past few days made the original 109 km route unsafe, forcing organisers to shorten it to just 47 km for the first time in the 38- year history of the event; and
6) congratulates Nolan Hoffman and Lynette Burger on their great performances.